Don’t settle for producing reports and display boards for every project. Get creative! Use the ideas below, brainstormed by TAGOS Leadership Academy students, to help you design products that ooze with originality and really show what you know. Remember, any product idea can be modified to work with any topic.
Adapted from Karnes & Stephens' The Ultimate Guide for Student Product Development.
1. 7 x 7 Rule
• No more than seven words per line
• No more than seven lines per slide
• Do not use complete sentences or paragraphs
2. Don't go FONT crazy! (no more than two per show)
• One for the title page
• One for text pages
3. Don’t use text smaller than 18 point
4. Speak to the audience, not to the screen
• Do not read to your audience
5. Keep the “bells and whistles” to a minimum
6. Maintain uniformity of slide design
• Always go to the SLIDE MASTER to make changes
7. Always use the SAME transition between slides for consistency
8. Use contrasting colors
• Light colors on a dark background or vice versa
For more pointers, check out this list from Garr Reynolds.